Saturday, January 21, 2012

Greeting Farm Challenge- Hunger Games

Hello!  How's your weekend going?  Mine has been pretty good so far!  Last night was the Customer Challenge Chit Chat Night at the Greeting Farm Forum on Splitcoaststampers.  While I wasn't able to be there much, I did pop in for a bit and chit chat a little.  The Challenge was to create a project based on a favorite book.  Right now, my favorite book is The Hunger Games although it's a close tie with Twilight and Hush Hush :)  For this card, I altered some of the Greeting Farm Wild Sprouts stamps I had and created some characters that looked a little more like Katniss, Peeta, and Gale.  Then I colored them up with my copics and free-handed the tree behind them.  When I put it all together, it seemed like something was missing so I added the little Owl in the background.  All in all I think it turned out pretty cute!  Like I said, I'm crazy about this book and can't wait for the movie to come out in March.  If you haven't read it yet...run to the store/library and get it. You will not be disappointed! 

Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my card.  Remember the challenge is going on all weekend so there's stil time to play!  Just visit the Forum for all the details! 

5 comments:

  1. So what is hush hush? I haven't heard you talk about it. Oh and super cute Hunger Games card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great alterations! Really cool card. Glad you could stop by for the chit chat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card! and i love your tree! i've never read that book before but maybe i'll give it a try. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have definitely peaked my interest in this book, Larisa! I love how you combined all the different TGF characters into this ONE card. It worked out so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter LOVES The Hunger Games books! Great card!

    ReplyDelete