Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Bargain Craft Haul

Hello!  Hope you are having a great week!  So, you may not know this about me, but I love to bargain shop!  I'm always looking for a good deal and I love the thrill of the hunt!  Recently, I found several "bargain" craft items and I though I would share them with you.  That way you can rush out and grab them if you want :)  Now, let me apologize for the quality of the photos. They were taken with my phone so they don't look great, but I think you'll get the idea.  Also, I want to state that I'm in Texas so I'm posting Texas prices.  Not sure if they will be priced differently in other parts of the U.S.  Now... let's get started! 

I found these items at my local Walmart in the craft section.  The Stickers are thick cardstock stickers with silver foiling and I just couldn't resist them.  At $0.97 each, they were a bargain!  The Sequins were also fairly cheap, about $3.00, I think.  I'm planning to make some shaker cards and I don't have any sequins at all so I thought this would be a good starter kit.  Just a few of each color at a reasonable price. 
 
Believe it or not, I found all these goodies at Target.  Most of them were in the dollar section at the front of the store.  The little bottles are filled with thick chunky glitter that almost looks more like confetti.  At only a dollar a bottle, I had to get several colors.  Again, I'm hoping to use this on some future shaker cards.  I also found some wooden embellishments that had a white and gold wash over them.  These will be great for future Valentine cards.  And then there are the heart-shaped doilies.  They came in white and gold, I got a package of each.  Of course gold is really big this year so I couldn't resist.  Finally, I found a packet of metallic confetti in the Valentine section for only a dollar.  I really liked the colors so I grabbed it and plan to use it on a shaker card. 
 
This is probably my favorite find!  Although, I can't take credit.  I actually got a tip from another crafter in a Facebook group I am a part of .  These are heart-shaped rhinestones from Dollar General.  They have 4 different sizes per package and come in red and pink.  Each package is only $1.00 and comes with 100 pieces per package! What a deal! Plus, there's already adhesive on the back!  How great is that!!!  I bought 8 packages!  I couldn't resist. This is a great deal!  You can find them in the Valentine's section. 
 
One last thing to share.  This is shaped plastic confetti that I found in the jewelry section at Hobby Lobby.  It's meant to go in the knock off versions of the Origami Owl necklaces, but again, I thought it would be perfect for shaker cards.  At only $1.99 per package, it seemed like a really good deal and look how cute the clovers are!  They had several different shapes.  These are just the ones I thought I would use in the near future. 
 
Hope I've inspired you to go out and hunt for some bargains!  Thanks so much for stopping by! 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment